Five Reasons Your Practice Needs Social Media Marketing
Social media plays a variety of roles in people’s lives. For some, it still serves its original intent by providing a means to stay connected with friends and family, whether they live near or far. For others, it acts as a feed for breaking news and important information, or a canvas for expressing opinions and sharing ideas with the online community. Still, for others, social media is a tool for remembering birthdays, finding a recipe for tonight’s dinner, or simply killing time.
Though you might not realize it (yet), social media also plays an integral role in the success of your medical or dental practice’s online marketing strategy. How so? Below are five reasons your practice should consider a social media marketing strategy.
- To establish yourself as an influencer in your field. Those who stay active across various social media platforms are more likely to draw attention and interest from current and prospective patients interested in what they have to offer. In turn, this can influence action in a positive way. Remember: If you’re not influencing patients, it’s almost guaranteed someone else is.
- To keep your patients informed. Social media is an excellent way to share news, educate patients on available procedures, announce current promotions, and broadcast much more about the happenings of your practice. For some ideas, take a look at how to successfully utilize social media.
- To build and strengthen meaningful relationships with patients. When patients post, comment, or interact with your social media pages in any way, it presents an excellent opportunity for you to respond to and/or follow up on their action. Doing so in timely fashion can help strengthen doctor-patient communication and encourage strong, lasting relationships.
- To help manage your online reputation. Responding (in a professional manner) to a comment, question, or concern written by a patient on a particular social media account can demonstrate your dedication to ensuring each and every patient receives an optimal level of care. As a result, others will be able to view your efforts first-hand, which can create a lasting impression.
- To increase practice exposure and drive website traffic. The more active you are across multiple social media platforms, the more your practice’s exposure increases, and the greater number of patients you can potentially reach. All of this can help drive traffic to your website, and in turn, boost SEO.
We know your time is devoted to your craft, which is why we offer comprehensive social media marketing packages custom designed to fit your needs. If you are interested in our help with social marketing for your medical or dental practice, please feel free to contact Rosemont Media today.