3 Steps to Market Your Practice While at Tradeshows
Tradeshows can be a whirlwind of logistics and travel. Don’t let your practice marketing suffer from your absence. With some forethought and planning, you can use tradeshows to benefit your practice’s search engine marketing. Here are three simple steps to market your practice when you aren’t in your office.
1. Work with Your Staff
- Rely on the competent team you’ve assembled to support you
- Make sure your staff knows your travel schedule
- Be specific about when and how you will be available to check in
- Partner with your marketing manager to plan out posts related to the tradeshow
- Approve posts to be published during your absence too
2. Maintain Fresh Content
When it comes to practice marketing, publish a blog post about your upcoming tradeshow. Explain why you go and how your practice benefits from your additional education. Pretend you are your patients, or a potential patient: what do they need to know?
When you return, do a tradeshow recap blog post. Explain what you learned and some highlights of the trip. Travel is something everyone can relate to, and your readers will connect with travel stories.
3. Connect on Social Media
In addition to posting your tradeshow blog post to social media sites, update your social media profiles while you are at the show.
Here are three things to keep in mind when uploading to social media:
- Content: Always post to social media using an image. Followers are more likely to interact with image posts than text posts. In the case of a tradeshow, share photos that are universal like cityscapes or restaurants. Or share photos that are of the tradeshow. Sharing photos of your visit brings your followers into your trip.
- Caption: A great way to increase engagement is to ask questions about your photos. People love to share what they know, asking what the subject is or where it was taken will bring responses from your followers.
- Tag: For tradeshows, tag the tradeshow organization in your posts too so they can reshare or respond. Think of it as networking and publicity rolled together.
Turn Tradeshows into More Patients
With these tips you can turn tradeshows into a marketing campaign for your practice. You have enough material for at least two blog posts and numerous social media updates. Now that’s the way to make fresh content! Let us know if you have any questions about creating content for your practice, we would be happy to help.