16% Growth in Search Engine Marketing this Year
According to a report produced by eConsultancy in association with the Search Engine Marketing Professional Organization (SEMPO), as seen on Mashable, search marketing will grow 16% this year to $19.3 billion.
These figures are based on an online survey of 920 companies conducted over February and March of 2011, and further explored in the 133-page State of Search Marketing Report 2011. The following stats are several highlights from the SEMPO report:
- Mobile marketing: 79% of companies identify mobile as ‘highly significant’ or ‘significant’
- Social media marketing: 84% of companies say they use Facebook for marketing
- Social Media outsourcing: 55% conduct SM marketing in-house, compared to 62% in 2010
- SEO outsourcing: 44% conduct SEO in-house, compared to 51% last year
- Google dominance: 95% of companies say they pay to advertise on Google
How Will Expected Growth in Search Marketing Affect Your Practice?
How will the expansion in search marketing, mobile, and social media affect your online performance? Are you performing SEO or social media marketing in-house? Or, have you outsourced these responsibilities? Is Google your main target in SEM?
Visit the Rosemont Media Facebook page, or follow us @RosemontMedia on Twitter, and tell us what you think about the latest stats concerning search engine marketing.